Monday, March 07, 2005

Bad Mood Waning
Last night the title of this post was Bad Mood Rising, but I couldn't get a good enough internet connection to post it. Just as well, because it was lot of whining about how much yesterday sucked and how I was about as stressed out as a person could get without having a stroke. I was off work today, but things still sucked. I knew damn well it was nothing more than a mindset, but I couldn't seem to shake it. Have you ever been so stressed that no matter how much beer you drank, you couldn't get a buzz? Well that was me today. I even drove to the store for more beer after drinking a six pack and I NEVER drive after more than two beers, but today I might as well have been drinking water. I finally found some relief this evening after I plugged the headphones into the computer and started perusing the music collection. Once upon a time, long ago, I had a stressful job and a shitty marriage at the same time and the only thing that kept me sane was my music collection. It occurred to me that if it helped me then, it might help me now. Rob had Sunday TV that he wanted to watch so I couldn't crank the stereo and dance around the house playing air guitar, but the cord on the headphones was long enough to allow some limited body movement. And here it is after midnight already. I should have been fast asleep hours ago because I have to get up and go put in a 10 hour day at work, but I'm still spinning the tunes and cracking open another beer. Oh well, the other staff at work tend to show up for work short on sleep and still somewhat drunk (most of them are college students) and while I'm a bit old for that kind of thing I suppose I can chalk it up to a mid-life crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment