Saturday, July 31, 2004

Sad Day
I didn't go to the gathering with Rob (see his post below for details.) I didn't really understand why until late that afternoon when I ran something over to my boss at work. He knew what had happened and suggested I should stick around. There were lots of people there and they were going to cook steaks on the grill later. I said, "No, I'd rather grieve alone," and I realized I had spoke the truth. I would rather grieve alone. Or maybe with one or two people, but not a crowd. In a crowd there would always be someone wanting to talk. And I didn't want to talk, I wanted to think. I could talk tomorrow or the next day, but not that day. Not on the day I got the news. That day I needed to think about Mark, that shining star, that person so full of passion and brilliance. A spark that is forever silenced now in this world. There's so much more I want to say, but I can't. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment