Monday, July 19, 2004

SPEED WITHDRAWL WAS EASY COMPARED TO THIS

We have been without internet access for about a week now…and it’s killing me. I call Ann at work and have her check my email and look at depthmarker…all the while rubbing my arms like some junky extra in that Al Pacino movie that dealt with heroin addiction and a park, only I can’t recall the name of the movie…our version was gonna be called “Afrin Park” with people lanquishing under trees with empty bottles of afrin strewn about looking all pathetic and strung out on speed.

This is not a jokey movie about speed freaks.

This is serious…I have been offline for over a week now, and I’m having to post to you via word…word! Please…this can’t be happening, but it is.

I miss the daily cruise to see what my blogger friends are up to.

Sure…I could go to one of many wi/fi equipped places in this town but…well I’m fucking lazy.

But that’s not why I’m here tonight.

Ann and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage this Saturday…10 years…TEN!!!

Ten years of partnership, friendship, great sex, a rocking band, and loyalty.

I go to bed every night knowing that I live with my greatest champion, my best friend in the world.

We have had a run to be envied by others…harsh words have been almost non existent, we have had exactly 2…yes…that’s TWO fights in our 10 years together.

One was over Sonic vs. Subway on our way home from our honeymoon after 16 grueling hours on the road and the other one involved something regarding the band and my inability to count notes…I think, I could be wrong.

At any rate…Ann is my girl to no other.

I love her like I love the center hit on a 100 meter target.

I love her like waking up alive each morning.

She is my reason…

I haven’t figured the reason out yet…but that’s OK.

I got a lifetime to figure out that shit.

With Ann…Punkin’:)

No comments:

Post a Comment