Saturday, July 10, 2004

MURPHY'S LAW

I slept in today till almost 10a...it was awesome. I don't know what time Ann got up, but I woke up surrounded by dogs, all intent on cuddling and getting the hugs and pets.
I can't tell you how much this love means to me. I love my dogs and they love me, it's a pack mentality thing.
Speaking of pack mentality, around 10:30a there's a knock at the door, it's our drummer, who lives about 20 miles out in the country. He was in town running errands and just decided to stop by...so much for yard work.
Let me elaborate on our drummer, I have known this guy for going on thirty years, we have been in two bands together, Left for Dead and the current band...Wolves @ th' door.
He is the anti-metronome...speeding up and slowing down with no regularity...but he is a monster drummer...just like animal from sesame street. He constantly surprises. He beats the shit out of those 1965 ludwigs in a way that makes his timing issues moot. I love this guy.
He and I are technically brothers because my parents had to do a custody thing with his mom that allowed him to live with us and stay at the school he was going to.
He's the best brother I never had...it doesn't matter how much time passes between visits, we pick it right on up.
So,after the visit, I go outside and start working in the yard...it's so freeking hot I make it about 15 minutes and give it up...I'll do it this evening when it cools off a bit.
And here I am at my usual saturday activity,blogging...writing about Badger...my best friend for almost 30 years and feeling the itch to play and to write some new songs.
I love weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment