Tuesday, July 06, 2004

IT'S ME...ROB,USING ANN'S SAVED PASSWORD THINGY BECAUSE I AM SO LAME I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD FROM BLOGGER

So, here I am with 10 years to go. I could go on and on about the last ten years, but I'm tired. I'm tired of reliving the past. So instead of boring you all some more with a chapter by chapter breakdown full of details, I will wind this up with a synopsis.
I will add the stories from my coworkers as they come in.
In the last ten years I have:
-I have been happily connected to my best friend and love of my life.
-Started the most rocking band on the fucking planet with the closet friends in 1994.
-I left the ATC unit in disgust and did nothing for 9 months but watch court tv, despite the administrations attempts to convince me to stay (it was those gang kids that did it for me)
-Got a hug and a "you awrite" from one of those gang kids when he blocked my truck as I was leaving and would not let me pass until the giving of said hug...this kid was so huge, I was dangling in the air while he showed his props to me. This kid was most probably a murderer, but I loved him all the same.And he loved me.Or, at the very least, we respected each other.
- I worked in a juvenile jail for a month and left because I just couldn't do it anymore.
- Worked at a homeless shelter for youth and did street outreach with the homeless in Austin.
- Caught six stitches to my head after a crack addled 18 year old bitch launched a giant curling iron into my head from about 10 feet away.
- Decided that that was enough and retired again.
- Went to work for a pool and spa company, for a man who I believed was my friend,but after almost seven years of dedicated service, fucked me around like the sorry bitch that he is.
And now, at 44 years old I am a first year IJ electrician.
I am starting over.
And that is my life.
And what have I learned?
To quote Henry Rollins: "life is pain".
and after all of this, I am still here.
Navigating.
There...I'm finished..."normal" programming resumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment