Sunday, July 11, 2004

MY LAWNMOWER HATES ME

I put some gas in it and it fired right up,ran for awhile then died. I checked it out and the tank was empty...I hadn't put that much gas, but it shouldn't have run out so fast unless it was running really rich...I'm talking Cheney fucking rich here.
I went to the store and got more gas and filled it up. It initially appeared I had overfilled it, as gas was leaking out.
There is a hole in the gas tank.
Auuuughhhhhhh!
I cut down the sunflowers and cleared the yard for a mow...I had actually psyched myself up for it...the mowing thing. The neighbors would see me and think "there's Rob mowing his lawn" and "why is Rob mowing his lawn"? and "Doesn't Rob usually pay some crackhead $10.00 pushing a lawnmower around between stints in county to mow his lawn"? and "about fucking time".
It was not to be, the mower would not start. So they saw me trying to get it started, pulling on the cord like that guy and the anal beads story from Special K's site awhile back and saying "fuck"!!! and "you cocksucker"!!!! over and over all tourette's like.
Then I went inside and got a buzz and watched Hamburger Hill.
This is what happens when I try to plan things like mowing the lawn.
I tried again today...not happening. There really is a leak in the gas tank.
So I watched "Law and Order:SVU" for three hours(two I hadn't seen) and then "The Wire" on HBO (Rerun) and then "Six Feet Under"...the dog/Lisa angle really resonated with me for some reason. And that whole shrinks are the most fucked up people on the planet theme with Brenda and her mom just fortified my long standing theory that people in the mental health field have no business there at all, or maybe not...
Then Ann downloaded some custom ring tones for her phone and I got in on the action.
When I call Ann her phone plays "toxicity" by System of a Down, when she calls me I hear "cemetery Gates" by Pantera. My regular ring is now "Insane in the Brain" by Cypress Hill ( I used to sing this acapella lounge singer style when I was the manager at the shelter:) )
The yard still looks like shit, but, now that I think about it, I had a pretty good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment