Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Free Wireless Internet Access at Maudies!
They've apparently had this for some time, but we never knew. I left work pissed off today and really needed a Maudies visit on my way home. Rob was already there having a RNS so I called him and told him to stay put. It's hot as hell today so I wanted leave the windows down on my car in the parking lot which meant bringing my laptop inside with me for a change. I couldn't leave it in the trunk because this damn Tempo has a push button trunk release inside the car so if the car's unlocked, the trunk's unlocked. One of Ford's not-so-better ideas. Anyway, while there I joked that we should see if we could take a ride on someone else's internet connection and do some blog reading with our drinks. Well, it turned out that Maudies provides free wireless access. We both got to check our emails, get a bit of blog reading done and manage to make one comment over at Special K's place before the battery ran out of juice. Battery life is not a strong point of my laptop - I'm doing good to get an hour out of it so next time, we'll have to pick the table outside that is by a power outlet.

As for work and why I was so pissed off, the biggest reason was that I rearranged my schedule at the last minute (got the phone call last night) and came in early to be there for a daycare drop off. However, the person that arranged the daycare didn't come in and work with the dog so it went home with no training (and no charge for the daycare, of course.) I spent nine hours at the office when I was only planning to be there for four hours after having to get out of bed far earlier than I had planned (which meant I was short on sleep and grumpy.) Grrr. Push me too far and you'll meet Ann the Bitch and while she hasn't shown up at the office just yet, you can bet she's going to be there tomorrow. And the next person that fucks with my desk or the schedule is going to... well, I'll just let that be a surprise ;->

No comments:

Post a Comment