Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Twelve dogs barking
Twelve dogs barking is what I listened to for several hours this afternoon. Three of them were mine, the rest belong to neighbors. I never did figure out what they were barking about and I suspect that it might have been something along the lines of a weekly book club or other social gathering. Or, since they are separated by fences, perhaps it is more akin to a doggy chat room? As a result of this experience I overdid it a bit on the black for a shirt I'm dying for a friend because I was concentrating more on shouting things like "Irene!" , "Theo!" and "Sullivan!" at the top of my lungs than I was concentrating on the shirt. In once instance I even yelled "Shut the F*ck Up!" which I regret since there were two small children several yards over. Oh well, these days they probably hear that enough at school that one slip on my part isn't going to matter. The cacophony ended as abruptly as it began - meeting adjourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment