Saturday, August 16, 2003

Friday Five
I couldn't connect yesterday so here it is today.

1. How much time do you spend online each day?
When I have a good connection I spend much more time that I'd like to admit in public.

2. What is your browser homepage set to?
IE is set to about:blank. Mozilla Firebird is set to Google. Lynx doesn't have a homepage setting.

3. Do you use any instant messaging programs? If so, which one(s)?
Not regularly because I prefer email. I do have IM accounts with AOL, MSN, Yahoo and ICQ so I can get in touch with those people who only check their email once a month, but have their IM program on all the time.

4. Where was your first webpage located?
I don't remember because it was so long ago that webpages were only text and links (no images) and the webserver was located in some guy's house up in Round Rock. A little research on this subject in an attempt to identify the mystery ISP made me realize I've been on the internet a lot longer than I thought. I wonder if my Commodore 64 with the 300 baud modem is still around somewhere? Probably in the attic, never mind.

5. How long have you had your current website?
If you mean this blog, since April. I've held a domain name for one of my websites since 1996, though the site existed without it's own domain name much earlier than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment