Thursday, August 21, 2003

Life is Good
Maybe it really is the little things in life that make it all worthwhile. I am so thrilled to have Launchcast Plus (internet radio) in my life again. Actually, I never had the Plus account, but I used Lanchcast before you had to pay to have the "never play this song again" button. Once they started that I decided that if I wanted to suffer through songs I didn't like then I could just listen to the regular radio for free. Now that I have this free subscription, it's been playing most of the day and words cannot express the joy I felt when clicking the NOT button when some Madonna song that I despise started playing. Most of the stuff I already have on CD, but it's nice to have a computer play the mix for you based on your preferences. Another thing I like is that I get to play the "guess that band" game since I can peek at the screen to see if I'm right. I'm not so good at remembering band names or album names or song names. Rob, on the other hand, is practically an encyclopedia for this so I can tell him, "Play that Helmet song that's my favorite," and he will magically pop the correct CD in the player and choose the correct track. Or I can say that I want to hear the song that has *insert line of lyrics here* and he will immediately know which song I'm talking about. Honestly, without him around I would be completely lost when it comes to playing the music that I like on the CD player.

No comments:

Post a Comment