Sunday, August 03, 2003

Ann rants:
Tonight I get one of those credit card harvesting emails telling me my Earthlink account has been suspended and I should I update my credit card information at this link to earthlink.com which of course, isn't REALLY Earthlink.com. I've had a few too many beers for the day and decide I will report this to RoadRunner who hosts the customer that composed this lovely email. What do I get in response?

"All complaints regarding Earthlink High Speed Users (*.mindspring.com) should be directed to ABUSE@MINDSPRING.COM - Road Runner DOES NOT handle abuse issues dealing with Earthlink customers."

Umm.. I might be drunk, but this email originated from your f*cking network, *ssholes. Not to mention I'm NOT an "Earthlink High Speed User" since I've been in dialup hell for the last 2 days. Jeez. I can only blame the beer for causing me to think that reporting such activity might actually stop it; in a more sober moment I would have known better.

No comments:

Post a Comment