Monday, August 11, 2003

Good Morning!
It's not very often I say "Good Morning" when I wake up. No, it's usually more of a grunty "Don't talk to me until 10:00 am" kind of interaction, but for some reason I popped awake at 5:30 this morning and got my butt up and moving around by six. Maybe it was in anticipation of the return of coffee to my morning routine. Perhaps it was because the house was actually cool and comfy for a change. What ever the reason, it seems very weird to feel this chipper right off the bat. Could I be turning into my mother, the woman who would wake me up with a song every morning? Perish the thought unless I also magically acquire her love of housework. That could be a good tradeoff, but I don't seem to feel the urge to dust the living room, wash the dishes or clean the toilet. I even tried to sabotage this mood by checking the bank account, but the fact that we have $200 less than we need for the week didn't dampen my mood one bit. Anyone who knows me would tell you that this is aberrant behavior since this is something that always causes me to freak out. Where's my "we are going to go thirty days past due on the car payment and it's the end of the world" reaction? Never mind that I knew weeks ago that this day would come and I even tried to work something out with the bank. No, that knowledge never stops the hand wringing, end of the world freak out that occurs once the day actually arrives. Until today. I think I shall go outside to watch the birds and see if they start singing to me ala Snow White. Because if that happens, then I'll feel better knowing that this can all be explained by the fact that I have finally gone batshit crazy.
* dances out the door singing "They're coming to take me away" *

No comments:

Post a Comment