Sunday, August 24, 2003

Groceries
I ventured forth today to go buy groceries and stuff. I say "stuff" because the grocery store has gradually morphed into a grocery/meat market/fish market/deli/coffee shop/drugstore/office supply/lawn and garden center store. I am the only one that longs for the days when the grocery store was just a grocery store? I'm pretty sure the non-food items outnumber the food items in this store. Nor can they be sensible and group the food items on one side and the non-food stuff on the other. No, they have to intersperse everything in some unfathomable pattern. Since I've now combined grocery shopping with drugstore shopping, I had Q-tips ® on my list, but I never did find them. I expected them to be by the cotton balls, silly me. Maybe there's a special "ear aisle" that I missed. And while I'm all into offering customers choices, why is there an entire aisle of toilet paper with about twenty brand choices, yet the jelly and jam section takes up about 1/10th of an aisle with only three brands and four flavor options: grape, strawberry, orange marmalade and apple butter. What happened to blackberry? Oh well, I had a nice surprise in the fruit section. Oranges in August. From Australia, no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment