Wednesday, August 06, 2003

I RANT IN MY HEAD....
As Ann pointed out,I have been rant free for a bit...But I would clarify that by saying I have been blog free for a bit.
I have been following the nightmare unfolding before us since my last post slackjawed and unbelieving...this must be what bunnypants meant when he canted "shock and awe" because I am truely shocked by the bullshit dropping around us and in awe of the lack of an outcry...a union of citizens screaming ENOUGH!
Let's take a look at current events over the last week or so interspersed with my own personal experiences just to shake it up a bit beginning with a personal event.
I have a number of Box Turtles in my care and run a kind of rescue/breeding/conservation deal,but mostly these days it's just me and my pet turtles.I'm very attached :).Amongst this number are a herd of three toed box turtles. In the 5 plus years I have been keeping them I have never had a serious illness within this group. One of my females looked listless one day and I moved her inside to a hospital pen (large rubbermaid container with a screen top) where I could watch her more closely...she would not eat,she appeared dehydrated...She initially responded to long soaks and fluid injections but still would not eat even when offered the irresistable stinky cat food.And then one morning she was gone.All the other members were fine...so...what was it?Old age?Her turn in the barrel?It was impossible to explain.I have had an amazingly low mortality rate in my turtles (8 out of 50 in 5 years with only this one mystery).I asked myself how could this happen? I was seriously bummed.
(This is a serious jump but bear with me)
Bush Calls an end to combat and those people we liberated in iraq commence to killing the fuck out of us in a style described as "guerilla" tactics...no...this is still combat,no matter how you and the media try to represent it...but by and large as evidenced by the lack of outcry I thought to myself how could this happen? I was seriously bummed.
The media lauds "5 days with out an american casualty!" like it's a reason to rejoice...in a hollow "oh thanks for the tie for christmas that I will add to the 250 other ties I've recieved over the years and made nice about and then stashed away in a forgotten place until I get another tie I do'nt need" maybe it is...but the reality is there's more death to come as assuredly as you have another paisley clip-on coming on santa's big day...it's just a matter of time.
There are rumors of powell jumping ship...half the country buys into his denial of such, the other half says good riddance to him...we do'nt need niggers running any part of our government...I wish he would stick around and stop leaving his balls at home.This man has the power to facilitate great things if he could throw off that yoke of racism that hobbles him, our country, and the current administration...things are so fucked up here we have no business doing the things we are doing in the world today.
The pneumonia cases in Iraq...another distraction played up to be potential bio-warfare???
Remember what happened when the spanish came over here a long time ago? They got sick.Remember what happened when anglos invaded this country a long time ago?The indians got sick...Why aren't we hearing about illness amongst the indiginous people we liberated?And once again I find myself seriously bummed.
Tommorrow:
Court TV:Nancy Grace...What the fuck is up with her?!?!
I wake up and ca'nt walk
Kobe sticks it in a white girl and grabs the attention of MILLIONS
Plus : The texas power grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment