Friday, August 08, 2003

Too hot to post
It was another day of temperatures in the 100s. There wasn't much of a cool down outside overnight which meant that the house never really cooled down either and our window A/C units didn't stand a chance of keeping anything cool today. By 10 o'clock every room was sweltering, even the ones with A/C units.
The computers didn't fry, but the office was not the kind of place a human wanted to hang out in. Neither was the rest of the house so I joined the dogs in doing the only logical thing to do which was to just lay down and try not to move too much. I did have to go outside at noon, 2:00 and 3:30 to provide a brief man-made rain shower for the turtle pens to help keep them cool and at 2:00 our patio thermometer read 112 degrees in the shade. Ugh. Fortuantly we had a few brief thunderstorms this evening and maybe the house will cool down enough tonight that tomorrow will not be so miserable. I had planned to post a response to Rob's post about the Kobe Bryant thing since I found it a bit offensive, but I was too hot to care. And I'm still too hot to care. I think I will go stick my head in the freezer instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment