Wednesday, June 02, 2004

MEMOIRS

I believe everyone has a memorable life. We are all confronted with the realities of being here. Granted some are more charmed and/or rife with dispair than others, but it's still a lifetime of experiences.
That's why I like blogs so much. You get a slice of someone ELSE'S life. A chance to peep into something you might not ever experience yourself. It's the basest kind of sharing that connects us as a species, as people... humans... homo sapiens...huhhuhuh...huh-he said "homo".
There was a folk song, by Joni Mitchell (I think) called the "Circle Game", and part of the words sang " and the circle game goes round and round " inferring that you cross over paths you have been down before, but the perspective changes with each pass.
It's occurring to me more and more each day that I have done an incredible amount of "stuff" in my 44 years of going 'round this circle.
For me to tell my story ( I mean, REALLY tell it ) would take almost as long as I have been alive.
So I have to be content in spitting out little examples here about where I've been and where I going.
This most recent chain of events has me marveling about how my rudimentary and admittedly lackluster following of Buddhist tenets has apparently garnered me much karma of the good variety.
I talk a lot of shit, but I would never act on any of it (well...). Seriously, I am mostly peace-love-dope-blacklights and incense.
I must admit though, that my experience in the human services field jaded me. Because of those experiences (almost 20 years worth) I have a diminished faith in man.
I would like to write my memoirs someday, in a coherent way. But I can't right now...here's another little piece though.

No comments:

Post a Comment