Monday, June 21, 2004

THE MARY LEE EXPERIENCE

I got a job right away at a residential treatment center right around the corner from the house...working the swing shift again, but it was a job.
Soon I had worked my way into full time 7a-3p and life was good.
Back in Colorado, the staff were kinda crazy, here in Austin they were more dysfunctional than the kids they worked with.
If you look at team dynamics as familial, this crew was the most incestuous group of people I had ever come across, in both a sexual and psychological way. Everybody was fucking with everybody else, physically and spiritually.
I tried to rekindle my relationship with Nicee, but it was a waste of time, and soon I found myself single again.
The team here partied...alot. One of the regular events was a full moon party everytime it was full (duh) out at the lake. There was one girl in particular that took an interest in me and persued me. I took advantage, and while I had no intention of anything serious, she kept trying. I kept saying I wasn't interested in anything serious, and she kept saying it was ok with her to just be bedroom buddies. This would have been all well and good, but she was not being honest. It was a constant struggle...she kept giving me things. Books, jewelery etc. that led me to believe she wanted more. To me she was a "Booty Call" even though the phrase hadn't been coined yet.
She lived near my parents and I would frequently show up at her door at the end of a night of drinking and pool shooting and take advantage of her favors on my way home. This went on for awhile, and I was never comfortable with it. Except when I was on my way home,drunk and horny.
I finally put an end to it...I could never give her what she wanted and I couldn't deal with "using" her anymore. Amazingly, we remained friends, I loved her, but not in "that way". She eventually moved away and I lost track of her. I think about her sometimes and hope she is happy.
One day, I was taking the kids on my dorm for a walk to a local park when a teacher from the center chased us down and gave me a checkbook stub with her phone number on it and invited to call her for coffee or something. She was a petite little ball of fire. I had dealt with my kids in her classroom on many occaisions and was impressed with her ability to deal with the craziness that was our business, plus, she was hot.
My kids ooohed and awwwed.
I called her and we hooked up.
She would end up being the mother of my son, the thorn in my side, and through it all from those days to now, a pretty amazing woman.
Boundaries were always an issue for me at this job, or more to the point, the lack of boundaries. As much as I fought it, I would fall victim to this and the carelessness that results. It would cost me my job, but that would be a good thing.
For awhile.
I should call this "for awhile", huh?
More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment