Thursday, June 24, 2004

I'm all talked out
This has been a week of non-stop phone work, answering and returning customer calls at work. Every time I'm on the phone talking with one customer, three more messages are being left on voice mail. And while I'm checking those messages, six more messages are getting left. Meanwhile, the emails are rolling in too. Now if I were smart, I'd put aside another hour tonight to tackle a particular list (no, I'm not blogging from work right now, I'm at home.) But I'm all talked out. I think I'm just going to drink some beer, do a bit of blog reading and pretend the laundry fairy is stopping by and I won't have to scrounge for something to wear tomorrow. Of course, the laundry fairy won't actually stop by and I WILL have to scrounge in the morning, but hey, that's tomorrow... Part of me really wants to get back on the clock and knock some work out since there's plenty of stuff that needs to be done that doesn't even involve phone calls, but the saner part of me is screaming "YOU'RE WORKING AN 11 HOUR DAY TOMORROW, DRINK BEER!" I think I'll give in to the shouting; time to pop another top off a Shiner...

No comments:

Post a Comment