Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I'm not just an employee, I'm also a client
Fortuantly I don't work at "Hair Club for Men", but for a dog trainer. I started private lessons with Sullivan today with one of our trainers. Sully is typical of many of the dogs we see where I work, extremely insecure and aggressive towards strangers, both human and dog. Before I started this job, we figured we would always have to work around these issues and that we'd never have a "normal" dog. Turns out we were wrong and I've witnessed some amazing tranformations in dogs over the time I've been working at the center. I've taken Sullivan up to the center a couple of times and we got in a few mini lessons here and there, but I wanted to go through the whole series, just like any other customer so I could better explain our services when people call or come by the place. Now I, just like our clients, have two weeks worth of "homework" to do with my dog before the next lesson. And, like any other client, all the instructions are a bit fuzzy in my brain so I will have to refer to the handouts. However, I have different handouts - new and improved, not yet published handouts. I guess that makes me a beta tester of sorts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment