Saturday, June 19, 2004

DO THE DILEMMAS EVER FUCKING STOP?

As I mentioned earlier in the comments box over at Special K's place
I hooked up with some folks I worked with at my old job today and, while it was good to see them, I had a conversation with my closet friend about work.
I have been doing this electrician thing for about a month now, and I have grown. I am no longer afraid of the almighty terrifying ladder and I take great comfort in the rule about never working on something that is "hot"...something that could electrocute your ass...something that could kill you.
I am pleased that the mechanical part of my brain has woken up. I am full time common sense angles and figgerin' out the problem with good results...I can still utilize the mechanical part of my brain and it makes sense.
I liked what I was doing at Hine's...working with the customers in person and on the phone, helping them figure out what they really needed...it was human services work without the baggage...here's your impeller dude, see you the next time your poorly maintained equipment pad blows up.
I like the interaction. I also like the process of what I'm doing now...I route wires to specific locations to turn things on and off, to afford man control of a resource.
According to my friend, If I went to the distributor that supplies the company I used to work for, they would hire me in a minute.
I cursed the god of options and resolved to think it through.
Then I made turkey burgers and had a screwdriver...

No comments:

Post a Comment