Thursday, April 01, 2004

STONE COLD FEVER
From Humble Pie's "Rockin' The Fillmore" never fails to improve my mood. Steve Marriott had the english soul/blues vocal that, well, it just fucking rocked. Multiple guitars blending just so. Peter Frampton was one of those guitarists and just 16 years old. It's hard to believe his early experiences in this band spawned the dredge he produced later on ("Show me the way" anyone?)
I can forgive Pete for that...well, no I can't, but he was part of something special and I'll give him that.But Framptons Camel???Please.
Anyway,Listening to this CD is an experience in and of itself.Looking at the jacket is wholeheartedly another.
Pictures of this show adorn the jacket in proof sheet style. Lot's of little slide sized pictures of...well...hippies. The hair, the jeans, the patches on the jeans, the instruments (lots of gibson les paul and SG guitars and fender basses).
I never got to see them, but I imagine if you turned it up loud enough (in a dim light with a serious buzz on and looked at the jacket while someone threw frisbees randomly around your head) you could recreate the live experience. I have never done this myself, but it stands to reason...or the lack of.
If you ever wondered what the other 70's was like this album is a good primer.And it's available on CD...Super!Saver!Series! even.
I didn't do the recreation mentioned above...really.
I didn't.
Good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment