Monday, April 19, 2004

A CLARIFICATION AND THEN SOME RANDOM STUFF

My post yesterday had many references to "crying like a bitch". This is in no way sexist, not even in the female dog designation sort of way. I embrace the adjective "bitch" in the prison mode (although I have never been in prison...I have watched alot of prison movies and OZ) which is to describe someone weak or with feelings displayed incongruent with the outward appearance. A bitch is a bitch regardless of what your packing in yer monkel region.
Clear? Ok... we can move on.
-------------------------------------
I don't cry alot (and never in public cause I'm a guy) but there are things that just make the pipes start rolling. I am very soft about my dogs, past and present, and I fearlessly shed tears regarding them.
War movies get me too..."the thin red line" is one of my favorites...painfully slow but the narrative has that Buddhist bent on the world that I can relate to. And once the guns start going off you are so connected to the characters you can't help but shed a tear when they snuff it or come to some epiphany that is so anti war. Watch this movie...it rocks.
My dog Buddy was dead and gone in '92, but when I think of him it brings a tear to my eye. Laugh at me if you want...but I believe in a good cry. It's cleansing, it clears you of bullshit that gets in the way of doing your business.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
We have recessed lights and a new breaker box...YAY!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow is our blog birthday...365 days of (almost) daily posts...I did multiples on the off days to average out. It's not so much about the quantity or the quality, but writing every day has expanded my mind...wait- made me think-wait- opened new vistas- wait- it's been a fucking blast.
I've met some really cool folks from all over.
I like that...thank you all for reading my drivel.
I'm so sentimental (emphasis on mental) I have to log off and have a good cry.
Just kidding...I love you all (as ozzy would say)
good night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment