Friday, April 02, 2004

A LONG BUT INTERESTING DAY
I went into work early to catch up on paperwork, not as early as I would of liked but I hit the books at 6:30am and despite my morning handicaps actually made some headway.
By the end of the day I was completely caught up on my purchase orders.
It was a threatening to storm day here, and while we got some rain it wasn't much.But it was enough to drive the maintenance men indoors away from their pools and spas where they could focus attention on make ready and leave us alone for the afternoon.
Traditional beers at 3ish and we were out by 5.
We ended up at this bar called barfly's...a funky dark almost a dive if it wasn't so hip for it's own good. Six guys hanging out doing beers and shots of jager and talking the shit that guys do. Ann, in the meantime was at her own happy hour catching up with a friend at an alternate location.
The construc...er...destruction went on at the house and I came home to the daily transition, more open space, more debris (our grey carpet is now officially old yellow pine colored).
As I was saying...after beers and shots, Sullivan and I headed home. There was a sale at waterloo records and Sully really wanted the new Soulfly, so I stopped and got it for him. I also got System of a downs Toxicity. I love getting new music. Beer stop and it's home.
So, here I am, at home, or rather my skeleton of a home...chaos redefined. New tunes blasting ( Hey, I own this property, piss off) cold beer at the ready.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment