Wednesday, April 21, 2004

SO...WHAT TO SAY, I MEAN WRITE. WHAT TO WRITE?

We had our first "Free Lunch" of the season today. Usually the "girls" upstairs organize this thing. This thing is 2 hours of basic pool care presented to area maintenance guys for free with lunch thrown in uh, for free. An excellent idea and noteworthy marketing strategy to be sure. We even split it up: one hour in spanish, one in english.
This one was organized by the guys in sales...the girls upstairs saved the day because the guys in sales are indeed and painfully guys.
Thank you girls upstairs for coming to the rescue.
The air was frantic today and I broke the tension by cruising through the breakroom (where the girls upstairs were frantically cutting onion and tomato) going between the warehouse(location of said free lunch) and my counter. On each pass I would do my gayest stage hand : "OK Everybody!5 minutes to show time!Look alive PEOPLE!!! "Complete with hyper exaggerated hand motions and hip swinginess.
Trust me it was funny.
The class went off well, lunch was saved and a good time was had by all. Thanks to the girls upstairs and the GM and me to a lesser degree.
The girls upstairs are way under rated in my opinion...They rock.Thank you girls upstairs for dealing with the guys downstairs with so much grace and humor.
The free lunch was, by the way, our version of the Alamo, a few white guys overwhelmed by Santa Ana's army. I'm amazed any maintenance man in austin can speak english these days.
I really wanted to yell "La Migra" or "INS! Vamoose!Andele"! over the intercom, but that would be racist.
Funny as hell, but racist.
I could ramble on about the remodel but it's old...hey remodel: fuck you.
G'night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment