Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Noise, noise and more noise
I spent my day at home with the electricians and plumbers. They were doing their thing, making lots of noise, and the dogs were doing their thing which was barking at the dudes making lots of noise. I handled a few work-related phone calls thanks to the cell phone which let me wander outside where I could hear provided the bus wasn't driving by at the time. Which reminds me of something that's been bugging me over the last 4 months or so. The city has new busses which are much, much louder than the old ones. I have the fortune (or misfortune) to live on the bus line and the timing of the route is such that the northbound and southbound bus usually pass each other right in front of my house. One new bus is louder than two old busses and two new busses at the same time is well, let's just say that it's very annoying. Rob and I have talked about fencing our front yard for years due to the level of rush hour traffic on our street (it's a short-cut to and from downtown), but as long as it was limited to morning and evening rush hour, it didn't seem worth it. However, these days, "rush hour" seems to start earlier and end later and with the added noise from the new busses, I'm about ready to go ahead and spring for the cost (and permits and surveyors and yada, yada.) But I gotta wonder if a fence is really going to make that much difference in the noise level?

No comments:

Post a Comment