Thursday, April 15, 2004

GOOD NEWS!

We don't have to move our beloved deck. It is 8 feet away from the city's right of way.
I am relieved. And the giant roll off dumpster is gone. It will probably be replaced by a smaller one soon. But I choose to view these recent events as progress.
Met with the electrician this after and he has been placing j-boxes for outlets and prepping for the new electrical service. We are going from 60 amps to 200. We will never trip a breaker again!
Today I am back in excitement mode, which is much preferable to anger/bummed mode.
I have also come to grasp "contractor speak"... for example:
"We can have this done in 2 weeks".
What they really mean: "a month and a half".
"We'll have the power off for a day" means
"rent a hotel for the weekend"
"oh yeah, no problem" means
"I have no idea what I'm going to do,but,since you are not (insert trade here) I can blow this smoke effortlessly up your ass"
I'm just glad I know most of these folks and trust them.
I hate being ripped off and I own guns.
I'm glad these people know me as well :)
Enough remodel commiseration! There's more going on here than the destruction of our home.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was going through some more found pictures last night and came across some pictures of my "nieces"...daughters of my ex girlfriends brother. Three very cute little girls. They are now all probably in their 20's, but to me they are frozen in time. The middle one was my bud...Lindsay was her name, a gangly redheaded freckle faced little angel. For some reason we hit it off. We were penpals for awhile. When me and the aunt broke up, I became the monster and that was the end of that. These pictures made me smile and remember a happy time, and made me wonder how they were doing. They had an awesome mom and dad so I'm sure they are fine young adults. Seeing Lindsay after such a long time made my heart beat a little faster...I miss her and our connection.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There was a redbone pitbull wandering around loose in the hood when I got home today, very near my yard. I came into the house and got out my 12 gauge, loaded it and set it by the door. If it comes into my yard it will become ground meat pitbull. I fucking hate them and have three dead pits to my credit to date.
They are the quintessential "small penis dog"...Down here in texas it seems most pit owners (the one's you see anyway) are short hispanic males angry that they were short changed in the munkel region and compensate with a dog that is .35 degrees south of Satan hissown self.
I have known one cool pit, "tooth" who was owned by one of the homeless folks I worked with years ago. This says 2 things:
1.Pit's are a reflection of the owner and,
2.Homeless people take better care of their dogs than most "regular" people do.(If you consider short angry hispanic guys with little dinks "regular"). Tooth was an awesome dog.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nothing is more annoying than a itchy stomach...I know I did it to myself but still...oh, I'm just sayin'.
And with that I bid you osteoporosis amigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment