Thursday, January 15, 2009

WELL , OK THEN

I didn't get laid off today. Good on that...and they expect us to be done in 10 working days which won't happen unless the remaining crew works a shit load of overtime.
Our foreman said that if it's approved we can work as much as we want until the job is finished. If that ends up being the case , I plan on 5 / 12's and 8 on Saturday. Which will make for some nice checks. We'll see.
The guys that got laid off today had very different reactions...one was pitching a fit about his check not being available until 2 or 3 pm and argued to the point that he got run off before lunch (without his check). The other stayed and worked til 3 without complaint.
I know both pretty well , so it was no surprise to me , but , if you were a new observer you would have figured it the other way around based on appearances alone.
It's just like I've always said...

No comments:

Post a Comment