Thursday, October 02, 2008

YAWN...

Just got done watching the VP debate,and I've got to tell you,if I wanted to listen to people take turns ragging on Obama and McCain I would have just gone to my local bar and listened to the bar stool pundits there.
I was amazed by 2 things however...Biden had no gaffes that I picked up on and Palin didn't come across as the vacuous parrot that she did come across as in her previous outings.She did have a few moments early on of the winking "aw shucks" FAKE down home persona she presents that makes me want to tape up a sock full of wood screws.It was almost like someone with a firmer grasp of things was talking - through a mic taped to her thigh so we couldn't see the bulge bunnypants was sporting.
This was definitely 90 minutes of my life that I won't get back...I came away from this debate with this-
Both parties are basically full of shit and propaganda and they will say anything to get elected then proceed to do the exact same thing.
Had this been a forum focused on the character and morals and ethics of the respective candidates it might have been a different,and far more shaping exchange.
But it wasn't,and that's a shame...for us in the long run.
Two different roads leading to the same dead end I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment