Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BACK IN THE LAND OF METAL CLAD CABLE

On my last job I worked almost exclusively with pipe...the bending,the calculations,working with pipe is the art form of this trade in my opinion and I love working with it.Not so much with the MC.I completely understand its value to contractors though,it's faster than running everything in pipe and I imagine it's a money saver in the material department as well.
What I don't like about it is this, no matter how good you get at installing it it's still funky looking,it can be easily damaged by other trades and it turns your hands black.
But enough artistic indignation about a fact of life...To be able to work with most of the guys I started with is really cool.This will be a challenging project,but if anyone can do it,we can,and at a profit.The safety guys on this job are very focused on safety,but they don't bird dog the living shit out of you.
The job site is very close to the house...saving more $$$ there.
And...last but not least,3 taco trucks roll up at break and lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment