Sunday, October 05, 2008

THIS SONG FUCKING RULES



Kiss me good bye and write me while I'm gone
Good bye my sweetheart-hello Vietnam.


I have a very close friend who served in Nam in 1970-71.I've never been to war,so I have no clue what it's like or what it does to you.My experiences in the psych field were often horrific, but didn't involve gunfire and rockets.
Right before the first gulf war things were shaky in my job and I thought to myself "self,you always wanted to be a medic-call a recruiter".So I did,and they wanted me-bad.They promised me this,that,and the other thing.
Things straightened out work wise and they still wouldn't leave me alone-for months.
I sometimes wonder what would have happened to me had I gone through with it.A medic in a war zone...wow...wrap your head around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment