Thursday, May 08, 2008

WHAT A FREAK OUT THAT WAS

Wednesday started out like a usual day,started at a new/old location as the airport is done.Working with some old crew buddies from different jobs so it was all good.
Got home and was greeted by a package from our bud Special K...some more Trailer park boys DVD's.Ann and I went out for a bite,and after,just hung out around the house til bed time.
I was laying in bed watching TV and my right hand got numb.I figured I was just laying funny,so I sat up thinking the circulation would return...wrong.The numbness traveled slowly up my arm to my shoulder.I knew something was seriously wrong.
I woke Ann and we were off to the ER,where we remained until 5:30 this morning.They did an EKG and a cat scan and kept me hooked up to a vitals monitor the whole time,they gave me meds to bring down my blood pressure quickly.They took a shit load of blood.
All of my tests came back just fine,and it appears that skipping my regular meds for a month (no money) wasn't the right choice to make.
I found out when we checked out that trips to the ER are covered 100% by the union.That was cool.And when I went to the pharmacy this afternoon to fill my regular meds,learned that my prescription plan had been changed,and instead of almost 300.00,my meds now cost only 50.00 and will likely be cheaper after the deductible is met.I can live with 50.00 a month.
So,things are back to (relatively) normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment