Thursday, May 01, 2008

PROVIDENCE...NOT RHODE ISLAND,THE OTHER ONE.

The day before yesterday we had 30 dollars to our name and I had to pay 25.25 in union dues by the 30th of April to avoid a 30 dollar reinstatement fee because we have been so strapped I was in that 3 month and you owe us a reinstatement fee.
I was matter of factly talking about this in relation to a request to work late on the 30th.I said I couldn't and explained my predicament.
My foreman then assigned me to a job of wrecking out a temporary service,which amounted to pulling out several runs of copper wire,that I could have to offset my only having a quarter till payday and take to recycle.And recycle it I did.It was a life saver.
We were able to eat decently,the dogs were able to eat,we bought gas...etc.
My foreman is a good man...he saw an opportunity to help me out and he took it.
Good on ya Steve-thanks...
I told my buddy Chuck this story and he called it providence...I would call it good karma,but I guess they are one in the same.
Ann and I have always been believers in the one door closes another one opens approach to living,and it paid off again.We are blessed with good people in our lives and they frequently come out of nowhere with a leg up.
So I went budget minded shopping for meals yesterday and today and we grilled out,since we've been hanging out on the porch watching the birds at the feeding stations (free entertainment and relaxing)
Last night we had some shoulder steak I got on sale with chayote squash with garlic and onion...and steamed rice with corn and poblano pepper.

I marinated the steak in a tequila lime sauce and cooked it all on the grill.
Tonight we had pork roast ends I found for under 3.00 with a herb and garlic marinade with spinach/cheese cassarole and yukon gold potatoes with rosemary and garlic.


Creativity and kindness still goes a long way it seems.
And we have our birdies to entertain us...



And we make it through another month...
Hope is all well with you too....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment