Saturday, May 03, 2008

PEASE PARK ADVENTURE

I took Irene to pease park this morning,the weather was fucking awesome-like 71 degrees.Perfect.I haven't been to this park in a few years and I was saddened by how it looked.For a park that runs along one of the busier streets in Austin it was always an anomaly...beauty in chaos.But now many of the sections of shoal creek are grey with silt or dry,the last time I was here (documenting turtles) the creek was teeming with several species.Today,in 3 miles of walking I saw only 3 moss covered red eared sliders.Bummer.
The section of the park between 24th and 29th is a no leash zone...or,what I like to call the demilitarized zone...it sucked.Dogs everywhere,loose beyond this zone.
Irene was a trooper through it all.Bless her little heart.We passed a pair of dachshunds on the way out and I think she thought they were squirrels judging from her reaction.
I don't think I'll be going back to Pease...bummer.


Irene crashes the minnow picture


A heron,hunting fish...good luck buddy...



"I've got a bridge condo man..."Affordable housing in downtown Austin.Sad.This is at the Shoal creek bridge,I was gonna cross under the 24th st. bridge,but someone lives there now too,and they were home...sleeping.




Can you see the turtle?



Irene still had fun....and that's what matters....

No comments:

Post a Comment