Thursday, May 15, 2008

BIG STORM AND JACKHAMMERS

A big storm with high winds and heavy rain and large hail blew through last night,knocking branches off of trees and in some cases,taking out large chunks of trees.


THIS IS THE CUL-DE-SAC ACROSS THE STREET FROM OUR HOUSE

I slept through it all.There were a couple of medium size branches blocking our driveway this morning,but nothing major.Violent storms like this are fairly common,and they usually come,like a ghost,in the middle of the night.I'm kind of surprised that tree is still in the road though...it's been there all day.The city is usually more on the ball.This tells me there was worse damage elsewhere in the city.

Today at work there were jackhammers running most of the day,wrecking out a concrete stairwell in close proximity to where I was working.I had eye,ear and breath protection on for most of that time.We are rerouting power and fire alarm conduit to accommodate a giant new duct system being installed.Ladder and ceiling work.By the end of the day I was quite rattled by the noise.We all were.
Irene might get some porch time tonight,but no trip to another park,I'm pooped!(And she is quite distressed that we haven't left already)Spoiled brat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment