Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dead End?
There's a saying that once you start working in tech support at a call center then you are stuck working in call centers forever. I'm starting to think that might be true. Work pissed me off again today so I did my usual thing when I got home and applied for as many jobs as I could that were in a reasonable driving distance and paid above minimum wage. The difference this time was that I applied for call center jobs, something I tend to avoid because they all require shift and weekend work, the pay is always lousy and I've yet to hear from someone that works in a call center environment who is a happy camper. Now I can see no good reason why working in a call centers *has* to suck so I have to think there's just something very wrong with the industry. And while I'm loathe to exchange one version of hell for another, I've decided a new set of problems/complaints would be preferable to enduring the same old shit day after day. And who knows, I might get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment