Friday, May 16, 2008

One day left
One more workday tomorrow and I'll be done with this week which has not been the best of times. Today was a bit better thanks to my boss who gave me the easiest of duties and diverted all supervisor calls to other staff. My beef with work yesterday wasn't actually with my employer, but one of the companies we contract with and well, let's just say the email exchanges between me and them were less than pleasant. The vice-president of my company ended up getting involved before all was said and done and to say it sucked would be an understatement.

The fallout from yesterday resulted in an interesting dream last night where I dreamed that I went to work drunk. And for a moment this morning I actually considered doing that. Me, who won't ever drive after just two beers, was actually thinking about downing a bunch of vodka before heading off to work (common sense prevailed and I had a cup of coffee and a shower instead.) Now I do love beer, but I'm not much on the getting drunk part except once and a while, preferably at home. And I have never, ever, gone to work drunk or stoned or otherwise impaired other than the occasional sinus medication, not even in my teens or twenties. The fact that I was even thinking about doing that was a little freaky. I hope it was nothing more than a case of dream hangover.

But just in case my psyche was in need of a good drunk, I started drinking beer when I got home from work. As I told Rob, I thought it might help wash off the taint of ISP X. Well, I didn't drink fast enough to achieve drunkenness before bedtime, but all the same, I think it worked. I feel clean of that mess and ready to get embroiled in the next one tomorrow. Yeah, there will be a next one, there's always a next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment