Monday, May 19, 2008

POCKET STUFF AGAIN

Overalls have many deep pockets,lots of room for lots of stuff...




We have 3 different sizes of wire nuts,some knock out seals,assorted screws,2 different allen wrenches,some change,a receipt,and my beloved gypsy.A gravity knife I've had for 25 years.That came out of the shorts pocket I wore to the park(s) this weekend.It's not a work knife,it's a "just in case" knife,if you know what I mean.


I've never had occasion to use it in 25 years...knock on wood.


I watched a very disturbing movie called Frontier(s) tonight,it's a French film with sub titles and very,very violent.It puts Hostel to shame,comparatively,Hostel is light comedy.Now,that's an over statement to be sure,but Frontier(s) is some brutal shit,plus,it's in French...the language of love.Ewww.It's enough to give me nightmares I'm afraid.And those are the only kind of dreams I have.Business as usual,right?
Speaking of business...some electrician on another job got crushed to death the other day when he hit a wall on a snorkel lift and the wall fell in on him,overturning his lift.Brick sandwich.One of the guys on our crew knew him.Bummer...



SNORKEL LIFT,IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING...

I know when I leave the house every morning that I might not come home in one piece,or at all for that matter.You can only be careful and have your tool buddies back and hope he has yours.

There's this other guy on the crew who is kind of odd,but in a good way.Obviously very intelligent,in fact,I'm kind of surprised he's an electrician.(But hey,I am too,so go figure).He asks some off the wall questions.He's about Kyles age and I don't think he knows quite what to make of me.I'm old enough to be his father,but,while I am all long haired and tattooed,His Dad (who also works for the company)is a typical 40 something redneck electrician (not that there's anything wrong with that...I like him just fine,after all,I'm just a redneck too,I just don't like barbers and I like skin illustrations). So he throws this out to me,out of the blue,this morning...paraphrased...because I can't remember exactly how he said it...
"Hey Rob,let me ask you a question...if it was the end of the world and you were to survive and you had your choice of one book what would that book be?"Meaning that the book I chose would be my guidepost to the future.
I was stumped.And I told him I needed to think about that one and I'd get back with him.
I'm thinking Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter Thompson,or,the king James version of the bible...just kidding,it would totally be Jonathan livingston seagull.No...A Prayer for Owen Meany...
Oh alright,MAD magazine.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment