Thursday, May 22, 2008

"FIRE IN THE HOLE"!

When operating a ramset,you are required to say this aloud each time before you fire it.A ramset is a powder actuated tool-meaning it uses a blank bullet to propel a fastener into the concrete ceiling.You also have to be licensed to operate one,Clark and I are the only electricians on this crew with the proper papers,so it falls on us to operate the "viper".Pictured below...



So,the main safety guy for the general contractor was talking to my foreman right next to me while I was using this thing and he says to my foreman and I after reading the back of my hard hat(it has REV in sharpie marker across the back)..."You mean to tell me that we have a reverend on this job site"? I respond with "As a matter of fact,yes,you do".My foreman just looks bewildered and the safety guy asks incredulously,"Ordained reverend"??? To which I respond,"Yes,I'm an ordained reverend".He chews on that for a second,then smiles and says"Far out".
It was very amusing to me.
Any way,I said I would post some pics the other day of the mess of the ceiling were dealing with,but first....I give you Capt. Fred and his chopped ocean clams.



This is the funniest canned good I've seen in a very long time.




It's very tight in some spots...



Navigating our pipe runs around all these vertical supports is a challenge.




Clark and I called that mass of expandable foam around that water line the brain...It was in our way,requiring me to perform surgery.When I cut into it with my saw,it shot out a spray of water!Some bonehead maintainance guy actually used this shit to patch a leak!We decided we were not brain surgeons and changed our path a bit to the left.
Never a dull moment people....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment