Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Virgin of the BBQ


At least five years ago, maybe more, I bought a bag of 100 tea light candles that were on sale for $1.00. They've definitely come in handy when we've had power outages, but we still have over half the bag and they don't burn very well anymore. I never thought about it before, but I guess candle wax has a shelf life. Anyway, I came across the bag the other day and decided to have some fun with the remaining candles rather than just throw them out. I've been setting handfuls of them out front after dark when we are hanging out on the porch, but tonight it was a bit too windy to have them out in the yard. Instead, I put a bunch on the BBQ grill where they had a little protection from the breeze. It reminded me so much of the votive candle shrines at church (I'm an ex-Catholic) that I just had to add the picture of Mary borrowed from the wall in our back room.

No comments:

Post a Comment