Wednesday, March 19, 2008

VICTIMS

I watched this BBC report on tent cities popping up across the US comprised of victims of the foreclosure tsunami currently washing its way across the country.My first thought is,"self,why haven't you seen this kind of reporting on american news outlets"?Then I realize the obvious and feel stupid for a second.
Bushco says the economy is ok,robust even,and I say to myself,"self,if that's the case,then why are there these tent cities popping up all over the place"?Then I realize that it's obviously not the case and only another lie in a very long string of lies that has thrust this country into deeper,more widespread poverty and hopelessness and war and the derision of the rest of of the world.
We are a shadow of our former selves thanks to those assholes in the whitehouse,and the shadow grows and gets darker every day.Why someone hasn't tried to kill those motherfuckers is beyond me.We have been abused and compromised and lied to and laughed at by this administration beyond any limits.And they aren't finished yet,there's still time for some more rape and pillage of our well being,our national pride,and our reputation.And you can be sure they will milk that tit to the very end,count on it.
It's just like what the nazis did to the eskimos back in 1958(ok,so I stole that from SNL...sue me).
But seriously,we're getting a serious fucking here and it seems like most folks are biting the pillow and taking it in the hope that it will be over soon.
But it won't.Not for a long,long time.
If you think a democratic whitehouse will correct the ills of two terms of the biggest shitbag in the universe,think again.Democrats are idealistic pussies(I think the new congress has underlined that beautifully)Even if they somehow manage to take the whitehouse,don't hold your breath.They are as ineffective as the current occupation,just less malevolent and malignant.
And just think about what happens when China calls in their debt.
Here at depthmarker we've been grazed by the economic bullets,but have avoided a fatal blow-so far.
But,anything could happen,and for the record I will burn this house to the ground before I'll let anyone or anything take it from us.I've got a big tent and know how to rough it.
I remember simpler,better times-but it's distant and fuzzy.
My heart goes out to those people in that BBC report-I could be one of them at any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment