Tuesday, March 04, 2008

BP update
My blood pressure has gradually come down over the last week. I stopped taking the Naproxen for my back and the Benedryl for my allergies since both can raise blood pressure - not sure if that made any difference, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Heh, bad choice of words there - it does hurt in the sense that my back now keeps me awake at night even more than it has been. Anyway, it's still not down to normal levels, but it's not high enough to automatically go on BP medication. However, I'm not completely off the hook medication-wise since my doctor wants me to take a stress test to check for blockage in my arteries. I go back for blood work on Thursday and they are going to check my BP that morning. If it's up high again then the odds are good that I wouldn't be able to complete a stress test so I'd need to take the meds long enough to get that stress test out of the way. Then I would get off the meds and focus on lifestyle changes. Well, that's assuming the blood work and stress test don't show anything else going on. And I'm going to assume that will be the case because if not, well there's no sense in trying to cross that bridge before my feet even get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment