Saturday, March 29, 2008

SATURDAY PROJECT

I've always wanted a ceiling mounted pots and pans rack for our kitchen,but I didn't want to pay the outrageous price most places charge.As opportunity would have it,there was some leftover cable tray on the job that was just perfect for our kitchen.
I already had the leftover chain from another job,so all I needed was eye/toggle bolts,S hooks and washers.
The process:(click to enlarge)

Measure the chain and assemble the toggles...I used 3/8 inch hardware to support the weight of the pots and pans.

I used a paddle bit to drill the holes,which sprayed sheetrock dust everywhere!(I should have used a hole saw instead).

And there it is...a pots and pans rack,and all it cost me was an hour of my time and 15.00 in hardware-take that Ikea!

No comments:

Post a Comment