Wednesday, March 05, 2008

IT'S OVER

Today was my last day at the tower of evil.I found out 20 minutes before quitting time that I was being transferred to another job.Something new!And the foreman and I have worked together before a couple of times,so,no worries there.
It's a remote location with no restaurants nearby,so I had to go lunch shopping this afternoon.Of course,there's a taco truck that stops by,but that's a gamble most times and I don't know if there are flush toilets on site-so the decision was obvious.
Another plus,there's overtime...according to reports,they are working 5 twelves and on weekends.Time and a half for anything over 8 hours during the week and Saturday,double time on Sunday!
I can make up for Ann's lost time in a week or two,which is good for us on the banking end of things.
I will miss the tower...It's funny,back in the headache days,whenever I left for a new job,there was this profound sense of loss.I attribute that to the nature of the work.I still feel the twinges of that these days,but by the time I get to my truck I'm over it.Electricians don't look back,they just move on to the same thing in another location.
And I'm ok with that.Actually,I'm more than ok with it.
Now that the brats are off the grill,it's time to eat and reorganize my tool bag for a new challenge.
And, I have to pack my lunch.Find my lunch box.My hack saw...

No comments:

Post a Comment