Sunday, March 09, 2008

Roly Poly, Mama's little fattie...
Irene has definitely put on the pounds this winter. Several months ago we noticed her collar was a bit tight. She traditionally gains a little extra weight in the winter so we just took the collar off and figured she'd fit back into it in come spring, as usual. Well, it's now spring, but Irene's neck is bigger than her head and there's no way that she's getting back into that collar.

I'm a big fan of Texas Swing so Rob has had to endure my singing the Roly Poly song every time I feed her. Rob's not particularly fond of Texas Swing and I usually don't torture him with that or even my singing, but I just can't help myself in this situation. And I think it might be enough motivation for him to get her a new collar and start taking her on walks. Mind you, he just needs to get her retrained to walk on a leash without pulling and then I'll be able to take over (the pulling kills my lower back.) I figure Irene can be my weight-loss buddy though she's probably not going to call me up and give me a hard time if I wimp out on walking one evening. Nor will she understand the conflict of calories vs. one more beer, but there's probably not a whole lot of people out there who would understand my love of beer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment