Thursday, March 20, 2008

NICK TROUT,BAD ASS VETERINARIAN FROM BOSTON

I was listening to Fresh Air on our local NPR station KUT on the way home this afternoon and the interview subject was Nick Trout,a vet surgeon in Boston.He talked about the advances in vet care and the ability to extend dogs and cats lives through medical intervention.His thoughts about euthinasia (or,in the vernacular of us texans "puttin' em' down") had me in tears as the slide show of dogs (children) I have lost played out in my mind.This is truly someone who believes in what he's doing.He impressed me,and reminded me of my vet in many ways.You have to respect these guys and gals that treat maladies without the benefit of the patient being able to tell them where it hurts.
He's written a book called Tell me where it hurts that I think I'm going to check out.
You can listen to this interview here:Nick Trout interview


No comments:

Post a Comment