Monday, March 24, 2008

ROACH COACH COMBO MEAL AND A TALE OF SATURDAY


Corndog,bean burrito (whose filling I swear I last saw in a diaper) and an orange soda.And yes,that's ketchup.A bargain at $3.00-not.Further proof that it makes sense to bring your food from home.
The soda was good anyway.
So,Saturday I went to the bank early and deposited my check,then went to waterloo and bought the new Levon Helm CD "Dirt Farmer".Levon was the drummer in The Band and has this amazing voice.He got throat cancer a while back,and recovered,and he also recovered his voice...a bit scratchy,but it's Levon,that's for sure.It's traditional music and it rules.
So...later on I decided to buy a compact shelf unit stereo and cruised out to best buy.I put my new stereo in the trunk and turned the key to head home,nothing,nada,the tempo was dead.
And of course my phone was sitting on my desk,so I couldn't call Ann,the kind folks at best buy let me use the phone,and for some reason,I blanked on Ann's number as my mind filled with images of an easter Sunday spent under the tempo in a gritty,shitty parking lot instead of a day spent jamming out to new music on a new system.After calling my phone repeatedly,Ann finally answered but the spare key to the rodeo was nowhere to be found and then we remembered it didn't work anyway-drat!I even briefly found my inner asshole and Ann thought she had one of her customers on the phone instead of me,but I quickly reeled that shit in.So...what do you do in a pinch?Call LT!He came to my rescue...I also saw one of my electrician buddys and his sister while waiting by the deflicted tempo (hey!It has a slayer sticker on it-I may be dead in the water,but I rock,man).I open the door to get a smoke and look down on the floor board.And what do I see?The anti theft device I knocked out of it's rightful place with my knee without noticing.I plug it back in and she starts right up,just as LT pulls up.(re created here for your amusement)




Seems that it was kismet or karma or one of those k words that we called LT,he lost his beloved Rikki-a very cool little dog,and he was needing to get away from the house anyway,so he followed me home and we had a nice visit on the porch and listened to new music on a new machine.I moved the new jams inside on Sunday,it does it all.CD,DVD,MP3...I rigged the speakers up high with eye bolts and S hooks...Ann tied the laptop into it today,the one with a years worth of music on I-Tunes.Behold:


We can control this sucker via Ann's computer,which is really cool.And just in case you're wondering BW,that yellow thing on the wall is a colored pencil drawing I did for Kyle when he was a wee lad.


Wake up!Go to a more interesting page!

No comments:

Post a Comment