Friday, March 07, 2008

AND WHEN I SAW THE DOG IN MY OFFSET

I remembered that I haven't bent conduit in 10 months.A dog is an accidental bend to the right or left of an intentional bend (in this case an offset) that should be straight.
I have been in the land of metal clad cable for almost a year,and,apparently,it shows.Anyway,it was almost 10 hours into a tough day,and since we are working tomorrow I decided to fix it first thing in the morning.Mostly because if I had attempted a correction then I would still be there on my 8th piece of pipe!Saw some more guys from past jobs today,that was cool,and tomorrow my old foreman and friend Rusty will be on hand for the fun.
I came home to a pork roast supper with potatoes and carrots (and gravy!) compliments of Ann.Very nice.
So now,I'm off to bed with my new copy of Chickenhawk-A novel,first person telling actually,of the experiences of helicopter pilots in Viet Nam.I first read this book over 20 years ago (my original copy long lost) and look forward to reading it again.If you're interested, it's by Robert Mason.
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment