Sunday, April 20, 2008

WORKS GOOD...IN THEORY

I ended up going to the show with my buddy Bill.To save money,I did my drinking at home.The plan was to have a couple of beers over the course of the night.That was the plan.After 2 shots of jager,they wouldn't let me back into the show,fearing the TABC would bust them for over serving me.And while i didn't understand that logic last night,it's clear to me now-I was stumble fall down drunk,and it was instant,one minute I was fine,the next I was gonzo.
I haven't had jager in a long time,and it put my peter in my watch pocket.Thankfully I had Bill to drag my sorry ass home.I owe him a show.



Had it worked out with Kyle,this would have never happened.
So,another lesson learned.No more jager...
Irene and I were off to the greenbelt this morning,(not so)bright but early.She's gotten our Sunday trips ingrained and was ready to go!We went to the Zilker access and walked to Campbell's hole and back...prolly 3 miles round trip.It was a walk down memory lane for me.As Irene and I walked along I was flooded with memories of other dogs and other walks.With Sunday when I was in high school,with Buddy when I was in my 20's,and Skeeter,and Diamond...the list goes on.



These walks are good for Irene,and for me as well.They give me time to clear my head.
Early Sunday morning is a good time to go,I only saw 4 other people the entire time.
And,on an unrelated note,I saw a giant snapping turtle.That was cool.
Enjoy your Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment