Tuesday, April 08, 2008

SICK DAY AND ANOTHER MOVIE



Yesterday was a very difficult day,I had bend you over stomach cramps followed by a run for the port-a-let at least 10 times,but I toughed it out and finished the task at hand.This morning the cramps were even worse,and I pussed out.
I called in sick,as luck would have it (I guess) Ann was deflicted with the same thing.So she stayed home as well.As I've said many times before,I like to deal with my illnesses alone,so I was initially bummed that Ann was staying home too,but completely understood why,if she felt half as bad as me she needed to stay home too.
And it worked out for us,she stayed in the living room on her computer and I stayed in the bedroom watching the Iraq hearings-all fucking day.We took turns in the bathroom.And as the hearings unfolded,I realized those 2 guys were as full of shit as we were.As an old coworker used to say,you can polish a turd all day and at the end of the day you have a shiny turd.Iraq is the shiniest turd.ever.
The doggers kept vigil over us the whole day,with Irene staying with me on the bed,and Theo dividing his time between the bed and his corner,by his mom.
They are sweet like that,somehow knowing that we are not right,and guarding us with snuggles and kisses.If people could be more like our dogs,there would be no need for day long hearings about the turd that is Iraq with a general and an ambassador stuttering their way through a lame attempt to justify the unjustifiable.Showered with praise and lobbed softballs by most of the republican senators,showered with praise and hammered by the democratic senators by and large.Guess which party generated the most stuttering?
The general and the ambassador would not answer questions directly,offering vague generalities and repeating talking points ad naseum.They reminded me of the compulsive liar character Jon Lovitz portrayed during his time on Saturday night live.All stuttering and sputtering-you could almost hear them say "yeah-That's it".
The tension was palpable,but nothing was resolved and we are still fucked.
And then I watched CSI:Miami,I felt a little better,at least Horatio beleives in something.

No comments:

Post a Comment