Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Most Awesome Sunday
The weather was absolutely perfect today with a clear blue sky, a nice breeze, and mild temps. We spent the afternoon and evening out on the front porch soaking in the ambiance of a perfect spring day (a pretty rare phenomenon here in Austin, TX.) Rob even had a nice afternoon nap in the chair though I've never figured out how he manages to sleep so well sitting up. I should have done a bunch of household related stuff today, but I wasn't about to waste a perfect spring day inside the house. We had an afternoon snack of queso and chips and little smokeys (small sausages) to tide us over until dinner (a pot roast with carrots and potatoes was a cookin' in the crock pot.) I suppose we could have been considered "porch monkeys" today watching our neighbors mow their lawns and work on their cars while their kids rode their bicycles around. But I didn't spend the whole day just sitting on my ass - I washed my car which hadn't had a bath in about six months. Unfortunately, it didn't actually get clean, just clean-er. Let's just say it's a whiter shade of pale *grin*.

No comments:

Post a Comment